Saturday, March 22, 2014

Behind the scenes

Did you ever experience the temptation of knowing there was more to a movie than what meets the eye? Has it ever happened that once a movie ended you said to yourself something along the lines of “Wow, that was awesome and I would definitely like to see it once again and pick up the little details” or  “Hmm, it was okay. One time watch if you don’t have anything better to do” or “Argghh, what a waste of my time and money, I would never want to see this movie again”. I believe every one of us has said this to ourselves or to someone at some point of their cinema experience.
Welcome to "FlickZea" where I would be writing movie reviews on old classics as well as current ones. It would not be a standard review but a full “break down” on every aspect related to the movie relating to themes, settings, background scores, performances, dialogues etc. Any comments in the way of personal views, suggestions, or any other alternate theory regarding the movie would be greatly appreciated and would definitely add to the fun element. Every genre of movies would be covered.
The aim of this blog is to create a discussion place for every movie goer who sees movies as a work of art, as a normal leisure hour thing or as a way to get away from reality. Irrespective of whatever the reason a person watches them, the blog is meant for a novice, casual as well as the hardcore movie buff.
Well, that’s all there is to know about this blog. As for me, you can call me Ankur and I come from the city of Lucknow which is situated in a diverse landscape known as India. I have been interested in movies from the start and they have been a big part of my life. I live with my mom and dad and have just finished my post-graduation with the hope of earning a career in Finance. In my free time I like to play video games, watch movies and read books. Seeing my first movie when I was 13 and developing a regular habit ever since made a big impact on me. I asked myself thoughts like-
  • What is the director trying to show?
  • Why was this movie better than the previous one? What was lacking in the former?
  • Why this movie looked darker and that one cheerful?
  • What's up with the camera?
  • What is he/she trying to do,think or say?
These usual thoughts intrigued me to explore the world of cinema. Earlier, I was restricted to one or two genres only but as time went on; I explored every category of genres available and now have a much wider field of view of them. So much so, that I wanted to share my thoughts with all of you which prompted me to create “FlickZea” and would love to hear your ideas and opinions as well.
I would also love to do reviews on request and they can be posted on the comments section or on FlickZea’s email id- flickzealotreviews@gmail.com.
Follow me on twitter at- https://twitter.com/flickzea

Well that’s it folks...let’s catch up to those reviews.

P.S.- If for some reasons, blogger comments are not working you can mail me the requests.






No comments:

Post a Comment